Supervisor - Sport Central
Sports Central is a state of the art sports centre located in the heart of Milton Keynes looking for a dedicated Duty Supervisor to join the team.
Offering facilities such as a full size 3G synthetic turf pitch suitable for football and rugby, a tennis court, and a multi-use games area marked out for basketball and netball.
Funded by Sport England, the RFU and Milton Keynes Council, Sport Central aims to increase participation in sports for a wide range of groups and individuals.
We have a new and exciting opportunity to join the commercial team via Milton Keynes College as Duty Supervisor for Sports Central MK.
This is a varied and interesting position that would suit an individual with experience of working within the sports and leisure industry. You will have a high level of customer service skills and be efficient in your approach to the fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate may be required to work across the other college campuses, so will need to be able to travel between sites.
Location: Sports Central – Milton Keynes
Hours: 37 hours per week 52 weeks per year (The role will involve evening and weekend work)
Salary: 18,500 per annum
Closing date: Thursday 25th April 2019
More about the Rewards
- 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays Pro Rata, Per Annum
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
- To be responsible for the effective, efficient management and day-to-day operation of the Sports Facility and its commercial success.
- Working with the curriculum team to develop the sport initiatives at both sports central and college-wide.
- To work with the Business Manager to formulate and monitor realistic performance and customer service measures to deliver the financial and KPI targets for the facility.
- To facilitate bookings following the administrative procedures for bookings, finance and administration
- Maintain the buildings and record maintenance and housekeeping standards
- Assist the business manager in driving sales, Promotions and Marketing activities to exceed revenue targets
- To supervise the clubhouse bar/ coffee shop
- To ensure compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education at our campuses in Milton Keynes. In addition, the College delivers employability and skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres. For nearly 30 years, we have worked with offenders in both custody, and the wider community and currently work with 19 prisons across England; this includes 13 prisons, which make up the Long Term High-Security Estate, and 6 category B, C & D men’s prisons.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions, therefore, undergo a thorough onboarding process to include DBS. In addition, security clearance is required for all prison services positions.
Milton Keynes College has been officially recognised for its commitment and approach to equality, diversity and inclusion. It has been awarded the much sought-after Leaders in Diversity accreditation from the National Centre for Diversity. The award recognises the College’s clear ethos and values and a belief in the importance of diversity.