Sports Centre Technician
Highbury College is looking for a Sports Hall Technician to work shifts, including weekends, within Highbury Campus, Cosham, 52 weeks per year.
Sports Hall Technician Duties
- Provide a reception service for the sports centre, including taking bookings, answering queries and demonstrating a high level of customer service.
- Carry out gym inductions and demonstrate the correct way to use exercise equipment
- Supervise gym members to ensure they are exercising safely and effectively
- Develop personal exercise plans for gym members
- Lead a range of sporting activities for student participation
- Regularly maintain, monitor and set up equipment within health and safety guidelines
- Ensure the centre and equipment are clean tidy and in working order before, during and after use
- Oversee the cash register, record takings and make appropriate arrangements with the college finance department
- Oversee the security of the centre
- Undertake first aid duties in the centre
- Pro active role in promotional and marketing activities
- Liaise with internal and external clients
What we can offer you:
- You will be working within a friendly and professional team who are specialist experts
- Competitive market rate salary
- A competitive pension scheme where the College contributes around 19%
- A canteen, hair and beauty salon and childcare nursery
- A sports centre with a 50% discount for staff
- Childcare voucher scheme
- access to an online discount website (NUS)
Highbury College also offers extensive support to new staff including:
- Regular support and coaching throughout your first year
- A Mentor who will help you settle into the College
- A thorough Induction programme
- Access to Learning and Development including a Free Course Voucher
- Employee Assistance Programme
So if you think you have the technical skills, experience and passion? Then come and join an ‘Amazing College with Amazing Staff’ and drive your career forward ‘The Highbury Way’.
For further information on this role, please download the Job Description.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity - The deadline for this vacancy is 2nd May 2019.
Only applicants through our website will be accepted. To apply for the role please visit the link below and complete our application form. CV’s will not be accepted!
Please note: If you require any assistance with the completion of your application please contact the Human Resources department on 02392 328910 or email the HR inbox on firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only applicants being actively considered for this job opening will be contacted for further discussions. We encourage you to visit our web site https://www.highbury.ac.uk/about/jobs/ regularly for new job openings.
Highbury College is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The attached Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us on email@example.com