Post: Assessor in Automotive
Hours: 25 hours per week
Highbury College has an opening for a positive and enthusiastic individual who has or is working towards an Automotive qualification to Level 3 or above, and is looking to work as an Automotive Assessor within the dynamic Apprenticeship Academy team. Working in a vibrant and positive learning environment, you will be responsible for providing the high quality assessment of Automotive students.
No previous experience of working in education or as an assessor is necessary, Highbury College will provide the training necessary for you to embark on this rewarding career.
This is a fantastic opportunity to pass on your skills and inspire the next generation.
The main duties of this post are to:
- To mentor, guide and assess Automotive Apprentices in their workplace to ensure they can demonstrate and evidence progression towards acquiring the skills and competencies to become an excellent Automotive Technician
- To work and liaise closely with the Employer of the Apprentice to ensure the apprentice is fulfilling the needs of both the employer and the apprenticeship framework
- Monitoring and recording of the apprentice’s progression
- Assisting with related activities including attendance at open evenings and from time to time signing up the apprentice.
- Suitable candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Working towards an Automotive qualification to Level 3 or above
- Willing to work towards Assessor Awards
- Experience of working in the Automotive industry
- Be flexible and self-motivated with a dedication to student achievement and quality.
- This role is based at Highbury Campus, however, you will be required to travel to visit students on employer sites.
What we can offer you:
- A fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme where the College contributes around 19%
- An on-site nursery
- A sports centre with gym and sports hall with a 50% discount for staff
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to an online discount website
- Discounted travel on the Isle of Wight Hovercraft service.
Highbury College also offers extensive support to new staff including:
- Regular support and coaching throughout your first year
- A Mentor who will help you settle in to the College
- A thorough Induction programme
- Access to Learning and Development including a Free Course Voucher
- Support from the College to focus on CPD.
The working environment:
- You will be working within a friendly and professional team who are specialist experts
- You will be working for a College which has over 50 years of teaching and learning experience
- Flexible working hours.
Highbury College is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The attached Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us.