Teacher in Public Services
Salary: £25,034 (non-qualified teacher) | £26,518 - £29,841 (qualified teacher) plus extensive benefits
Northampton College - Booth Lane, NN3 3RF
Fixed Term (with potential for permanent) | Full Time
Are you an ex-Police officer? Do you have experience and knowledge in Public Services? Are you a qualified teacher or looking to become one? We’re looking for you.
We are searching for a passionate and enthusiastic Teacher to join our brilliant college and teach students who want to develop their career within Public Services.
Northampton College has built strong relationships with organisations such as Northamptonshire Police, Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue, Royal Navy, Royal Marines and the Army.
We want a qualified teacher and / or an individual who can bring their industry experience into the classroom to support and encourage students to succeed in a career within Emergency Services as well as Uniform Public Services.
The successful candidate will need to:
• Demonstrate superior understanding of Public Services
• Be inspirational and engage students
• Be organised and have good attention to detail
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have strong IT skills and able to use ILT to support learning
• Provide tutorial support to their students as well as thorough feedback
• Be a point of contact for their students concerns / questions
• Carry out general administrative tasks and undertake relevant training
• Have relevant experience in schools / colleges
• Be a team player and support the department
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
• A relevant qualification at Level 4 or above / degree level / an equivalent qualification in a vocational area
• English and Maths at GCSE grade C or above / equivalent level 2 qualifications
Desirable Qualifications / Experience:
• A recognised Level 4 teaching qualification such as Certificate in Education. PGCE or equivalent, or willing to work towards it
• Recognised Assessor/Verifier award or working / willing to work towards this
• Relevant experience in schools, colleges or providing training in relevant vocational area
The College is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity and requires that the post-holder adheres to the College’s Equality & Dignity at Work Policies.
Under the Health & Safety etc. at Work Act 1974 it is the responsibility of individual employees at every level to take care of their own health and safety at work and that of others who may be affected by their acts at work.
The College is committed to the safeguarding of all its students, staff and visitors and provides a safe physical environment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
If you have any questions please email our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call a member of our recruitment team on 0121 713 8325.