London South East Colleges is a successful and innovative College operating with sites across Bromley, Bexley, Orpington and Greenwich. With nearly 14,000 students and 1,000 members of staff, the College is a major employer in the area and makes a significant impact on the lives and future prospects of its learners who travel from across London to study with us. The College is also the sponsor of London South East Academies Trust, a growing Multi Academy which is rapidly developing a track record of academic and financial success. With a combined turnover of circa £65m and the ambitious growth plans of the group, there has never been a better time to join this exciting organisation.
LSEC currently engages with over 800 businesses in the apprenticeship market delivering to 1,500 apprentices from construction and engineering to business admin and finance.
This is a Business Development position within the large successful College Group. This role will provide an opportunity to engage with small and large employers across a range of products with a significant focus on the recruitment of apprentices.
The ideal candidate will be experienced and be able to come with proven results of establishing relationships with large levy clients as well as developing opportunities with SMEs.
The Key Account Manager will work closely with the rest of the business development team and the recruitment team driving the generation of leads, progression to opportunities and the development of relationships with employers that fosters an ongoing partnership.
The post holder will update the team on the demands of the sector to inform new products, manage all their activity via a Microsoft Dynamics CRM and report on pipeline progress.
Who we are looking for:
- Experienced in a business development/sales setting
- Experience of working to, and successfully achieving, revenue targets
- Competent in MS Office and experienced in managing a CRM system
- Identify new opportunities for business growth within new and existing accounts
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with stakeholders
- Strong customer focus with a drive to achieve results
- Experience of direct marketing and a good understanding of social media platformsReporting to the Director of Employer Engagement, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills in a fast-paced environment where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
- If you think this is for you, get in touch!
*Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be considered upon receipt; we reserve the right to interview before the closing date*.
For enquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As the College supports a number of children and vulnerable adults, all staff are exempt from Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Accordingly, most staff will be subject to either a 'Standard' or an 'Enhanced' DBS (formerly CRB) check.