Lecturer/Assessor in Brickwork
Do you have a passion for Brickwork?
Do you have the enthusiasm, drive and ability to make a difference to students learning journey?
Does your current role lack a challenge?
Do you have the drive and desire to research and introduce new learning avenues?
Do you want to work for a college with over 50 years teaching and learning experience within a friendly and professional team of specialist experts?
You will need to be able to transfer your passion for the Brickwork to a group of learners to national standards enabling them to achieve qualifications in Level 3 Brickwork, Set work, assess and grade submissions in line with awarding body criteria and requirements. Own your course and look for opportunities to develop the learning experience and introduce additional learning interventions.
- You will need to be qualified to degree level or NVQ Level 3 in Brickwork
- No teaching qualification is required but you must be willing to work towards and gain relevant teaching qualifications which will be sponsored and supported by the college.
- Experience of teaching preferably in Brickwork would be an advantage but not essential.
- Commitment to the development of the Apprenticeship Department.
- Be flexible and self-motivated with a dedication to student achievement and quality.
This post will require travel within the local area and on occasions across the country to other College sites and employer’s offices. (Assessor roles)
What we can offer you:
- You will be working within a friendly and professional team who are specialist experts
- Competitive market rate salary
- 25-40 days’ annual leave per annum, plus eight Bank Holidays and three days Christmas Closure
- A competitive pension scheme where the College contributes around 19%
- A canteen, hair and beauty salon and childcare nursery
- A sports centre with a 50% discount for staff
- Childcare voucher scheme
- access to an online discount website (NUS)
Highbury College also offers extensive support to new staff including:
- Regular support and coaching throughout your first year
- A Mentor who will help you settle in to the College
- A thorough Induction programme
- Access to Learning and Development including a Free Course Voucher
- Employee Assistance Programme
So if you think you have the technical skills, experience and passion? Then come and join a ‘Amazing College with Amazing Staff’ and drive your career forward ‘The Highbury Way’.
For further information on this role, please download the Job Description.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity - The deadline for this vacancy is 01 June 2019.
Only applicants through our website will be accepted. To apply for the role please visit the link below and complete our application form. CV’s will not be accepted!
Please note: If you require any assistance with the completion of your application please contact the Human Resources department on 02392 328910 or email the HR inbox on firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only applicants being actively considered for this job opening will be contacted for further discussions. We encourage you to visit our web site https://www.highbury.ac.uk/about/jobs/ regularly for new job openings.
Highbury College is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The attached Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us on email@example.com