Variable Hours Lecturer - Adults Skills for Life (ESOL)
We are looking for a Variable Hours Lecturer in Adults Skills for Life (ESOL) to teach on our ESOL courses from Entry 1 – Level 2. You must be enthusiastic and highly motivated, have a flexible approach to work and be able to work as a member of the team.
Applicants must have a relevant degree and a full teaching qualification (PGCE/Cert Ed/DTLLS). An ESOL subject specialism qualification is desirable. Recent experience of teaching the relevant subject in a school, FE college or adult learning institution is essential.
Salary: £20.62 - £32.13 per hour
Application forms are available from the Stanmore College website, www.stanmore.ac.uk or telephone 020 8420 7739.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday, 11th June 2019
Interviews will be held on – to be announced
1. To teach scheduled classes as requested.
2. To prepare schemes of work and maintain such records as appropriate and directed.
3. To contribute learning materials and assignments to the collective learning resources of the Corporation.
4. To undertake a detailed assessment and maintain other records as required.
5. To mark registers, monitor student attendance and compete for registration requirements.
6. To participate in the Corporation’s quality assurance procedures as directed.
7. To contribute to the action planning of students and provide interim and end of year reports as requested.
8. To undertake course and curriculum development essential for own teaching.
9. To participate in the subject, course team and curriculum meetings and reviews, for which additional payment will be made.
10. To take responsibility for health and safety, equal opportunities and data protection within the scope of the post.
The postholder can be required to work at any site on which the College may operate and carry out any other duties consistent with the grade of the post.
This job description is current at the date shown below. In consultation with the postholder, it is liable to variation by management within a reasonable timescale to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job.
Variable Hours Lecturers will not normally be required to carry out the following duties:
- Market research
- Promotional activity
- Interviewing prospective students
- Course Managership (s)
- Curriculum development beyond the confines of the immediate subject taught
- Liaison with external agencies
- Organise student work experience
If any of these duties are required of particular lecturers additional payment will be agreed at the time.
The person specification for the Variable Hours Lecturer job reflects the relatively narrow range of duties required of a Variable Hours Lecturer. Accordingly, the range of criteria is different from those applicable to a Lecturer employed on a full-time or fractional basis.