Lecturer in Media – Maternity Cover
Gloucestershire College (GC) is recruiting for a Lecturer in Maths to join our English and Maths team at Gloucestershire College.
The role of the Lecturer in Maths will include:
- Provide learning and assessment activities, which meet curriculum requirements and the aims and needs of all the learners
- Plan and use a range of effective and appropriate teaching and learning techniques to engage and motivate learners and encourage independence and learner autonomy
- Establish and maintain procedures with learners, which promote and maintain appropriate behaviour, communication and respect for others, while challenging discriminatory behaviour and attitudes
- Use listening and questioning techniques appropriately and effectively in a range of learning contexts Devise, select, use and appraise assessment tools, including where appropriate, those which use new and emerging technologies Refer learners to information on potential current and future learning and career opportunities and appropriate specialist support services
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of teaching GCSE and/or functional skills maths
- Appropriate Teaching qualification PGCE
- Appropriate maths qualification to at least A level standard Able to travel between College sites (if required)
- Ambitious in wanting the very best outcome for GC learners
Benefits: A career with us means much more than just a salary - we know that our people are our greatest asset. Working with committed colleagues, we also offer an attractive benefits package.