Lecturer / Assessor in Plumbing and Gas
£27,417 - £31,840 per annum, dependent upon experience and qualifications, plus additional benefits £5,000 recruitment and retention premia
City College Norwich, NR2 2LJ
Full time - Permanent
Are you an experienced Plumber? Are you interested in Teaching and Assessing? This is the job for you!
We are looking to recruit a self-motivated and passionate Lecturer to deliver high quality teaching and learning to our students from Level 2 to Level 3 at our Norwich Campus.
The role is a great mix of lecturing students in what they need to know about Plumbing, as well as assessing them on employer sites across Norfolk and Suffolk. The split will be as follows; 0.7 Lecturing and 0.3 Assessing. The lecturing will be a combination of theory in classroom and practical sessions in workshops.
Applicants should hold at least a Level 3 qualification in Plumbing and relevant / current Gas qualifications. A teaching / assessing qualification is desirable but is not essential as training can be given for the right candidates.
The successful candidate will need to:
• Demonstrate superior understanding of Plumbing and Gas
• Be inspirational, creative and engage students through their teaching methods
• Be organised and have good attention to detail
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Provide tutorial support to their students as well as thorough feedback
• Be a point of contact for their students concerns / questions
• Carry out general administrative tasks and undertake relevant training
• Be a team player, a good problem solver and create a comfortable teaching environment
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
• A Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
• English and Maths at GCSE grade C or above / equivalent level 2 qualifications
• Significant vocational / industrial / commercial experience relevant to Plumbing and Gas
Desirable Qualifications / Experience:
• A qualified teacher (or the commitment to obtaining the appropriate qualification
• Recognised Assessor / Verifier award or working / willing to work towards this
• Vocational / Industrial Experience relevant to current Plumbing curriculums.
• E-Literate and able to effectively utilise IT in the classroom, including social networking and more
The College is committed to the safeguarding of all its students, staff and visitors. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found. If you wish to know more or have any questions, please contact our recruitment team on 0121 713 8325
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,417.00-£31,840.00 per year