Engagement & Resettlement Worker
7 days left
- Organisational Type
- Offenders' Learning and Skills Service (OLASS)
Looking for a career where you can change lives?
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons.
Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at HMYOI Cookham Wood to join the education team as an Engagement and Resettlement Worker on a permanent, full time (37 hours per week) basis.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that learners receive high quality and easy to understand information about learning and skills provision. This is a challenging but rewarding role and we need someone who is flexible and resilient, with the ability to encourage, engage and motivate, to help give children and young people a brighter future. In order
To do this successfully you'll need to:
- Have relevant experience of conducting initial assessments and supporting the learning of individuals and groups
- Be experienced in working with learners with a range of abilities and presenting challenging behaviour
- Hold or be willing to work towards a level 3 information, advice and guidance qualification within an agreed timescale
- Hold level 2 qualifications in literacy and numeracy
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.