Health and Wellbeing Support
Job Tittle: Health & Wellbeing Support
Hours: Negotiable – Up to 34.5hrs
Highbury College has a fantastic new opening for a positive and enthusiastic individual looking to work as Health & Wellbeing Support. This is a permanent position and is for 34.5 hours per week for 40 weeks per year, and across the different centres of the College.
The Health & Wellbeing Support are responsible to the Head of Learning Support, providing high quality assistance to students, including students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities, to the level required and assessed as appropriate in order to enable the College to meet Highbury College’s Vision and Mission ‘to enable all our students to succeed’. Team working and communications within an overall approach that values people will be of key importance.
The main duties of this post are:
- To promote the ‘Health and Wellbeing’ initiative across the College and its various Centres
- To provide individual guidance and support to students with personal, emotional and mental health difficulties, promoting their retention and success and to contribute to innovative approaches to personal, emotional and mental wellbeing for students
- To initiate Wellbeing delivery across all centres
- To assess the needs of referred students and formulate an action plan for the approval of and monitoring by the Head of Learning Support;
- To work with a designated case load of students either in groups or individually, providing targeted support;
- To initiate an agenda for all the Health & Wellbeing team to be able deliver group sessions;
- To inform relevant staff on matters concerning the welfare of students and contribute to a safe working environment for students, staff and others;
- To encourage self-esteem in students, respect for others and a sense of responsibility within the College and its communities;
The ideal candidate will hold the following attributes:
- A-C GCSE in English and Mathematics or Basic Skills Qualification at Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy
- RGN qualification
- Counselling Skills
Please view the Job Description for full scope and duties of this role.
What we can offer you:
- A fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme where the College contributes around 19%
- A canteen, hair and beauty salon and nursery
- A sports centre with a 50% discount for staff
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme and access to an online discount website
The working environment:
- You will be working within a friendly and professional team who are specialist experts
- You will be working for a Grade 1 Outstanding College which has over 50 years of teaching and learning experience
So if you think you have the technical skills and experience we look forward to receiving your application. Further information about this role can be found in the Job Description.
Only applicants applying through AOC and using our application form will be considered
Please note: If you require any assistance with the completion of your application please contact the Human Resources department on 02392 328910 or email the HR inbox on firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only applicants being actively considered for this job opening will be contacted for further discussions. We encourage you to visit our web site https://www.highbury.ac.uk/about/jobs/ regularly for new job openings.
Highbury College is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The attached Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us on email@example.com