Assistant Director - People Services
Aims of Job/Job Purpose:
To develop and promote the Colleges Human Resource function. To be responsible for the operational management of the HR function and the provision of a customer focused HR service throughout the College
- To support the development and maintenance of personnel policies and procedures and provide advice and assistance in support of such policies and procedures.
- To advise, support and guide managers in dealing with employee relations issues, including grievances and disciplinary investigations and follow-up action, as required
- To be responsible for the effective, accurate and timely preparation and monitoring of all data e.g. payrolls, contracts, management information etc, ensuring that all targets and deadlines are met in accordance with agreed quality standards and maximum efficiency
- To oversee the processes regarding the running of the College Joint Consultative Committee
- Ensure that effective HR/Payroll processes are in place, and maintained, ensuring the provision of quality management information e.g. sickness absence, turnover, monitoring etc.
- To support the operations of the college’s payroll and pensions services provision
- To co-ordinate the management of occupational health services, and related staff welfare schemes, including sickness monitoring and ill-health issues.
- To implement and support the development of the Colleges recruitment and selection processes
- To provide regular progress reports on recruitment activity, practices and progress against action plans
- To manage the College’s staff grading and job evaluation systems.
- To support the development and implementation of performance management frameworks.
- To actively promote the Colleges equal opportunities policy, encouraging staff awareness and participation in all areas
- To support the policies for management of change, including TUPE issues, and work with line managers to achieve organisational objectives
- To work towards continuous improvement through the Colleges CPD process and to participate in training and development activities designed to assist development in the role
- To positively represent the People Services Division, and deputise for the Executive Director as required
- Undertake specific projects, as directed by the Executive Director and carry out other duties commensurate with the nature and grade of the post.