Lecturer - Inclusive Learning
Our Inclusive Learning team have a fantastic opportunity to join them as Course Team Leader.
The Inclusive Learning team are committed to developing our students to achieve their highest potential through their chosen subject, whilst learning invaluable skills to support them in their future. The team challenge our students to be themselves — creative, imaginative and fantastic individuals. Their shared goal is for each student to leave the College with the tools to progress and to get the best out of their future lives. The Inclusive Learning programmes offer choices for students with learning difficulties and disabilities to develop independent living and work skills in a friendly, supportive and fun learning environment.
Students within Inclusive Learning can expect to experience learning in the classroom, out in the community and in our new horticultural centre, with the opportunity to look after animals and run independent projects. You will be joining a team dedicated to delivering the best possible learning environment for each individual student. We also have a permanent Inclusive Living Flat, in which students can learn skills they will need in daily life to be able to be independent, such as changing and making the bed, washing up and cooking meals.
Location: Chaffron Way Campus
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £26,216 - £33,232 pro rata
Closing date: Monday 8th July 2019
More about the rewards
- 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays pro rata, per annum;
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment;
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub;
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax free child care scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses;
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme;
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme;
- Plus many more…
As a successful candidate you will have
- Recognised higher level teaching qualification or willing to work towards
- Level 2 Qualification in Literacy and Numeracy
- Experience of working with young people with complex SEN
- A strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery across a range of levels, attaining high quality student outcomes
- An ability to engage and motivate students to deliver high performance outcomes in a further education environment
- Previous experience working with parents/carers to support student welfare and achievement
- Relevant industry experience and a willingness to maintain it
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education at our campuses in Milton Keynes. In addition, the College delivers employability and skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres. For nearly 30 years, we have worked with offenders in both custody, and the wider community and currently work with 19 prisons across England; this includes 13 prisons, which make up the Long Term High Security Estate, and 6 category B, C & D men’s prisons.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a thorough on boarding process to include DBS. In addition, security clearance is required for all prison services positions.
Milton Keynes College has been officially recognised for its commitment and approach to equality, diversity and inclusion. It has been awarded the much sought-after Leaders in Diversity accreditation from the National Centre for Diversity. The award recognises the College’s clear ethos and values and a belief in the importance of diversity.