Lecturer in Computing
We have great opportunity based at our Bedford Campus for a Lecturer in Computing to become a key member of our Computing department.
As a Lecturer in Computing, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing subject specialisms on a range of courses and levels.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students' learning and providing a high quality learning experience.
- Undertaking course administration as necessary.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments within the programme area regarding curriculum and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities for the Programme Area.
Our ideal candidates will have the ability to teach some of the following subjects/languages: Computer Networks, Computer Systems, Cloud Computing, Managing Networks, Technical Support and Troubleshooting and Repair and to have knowledge of current developments in own specialist area. Additional experience, of teaching and assessing on a range of different levels and courses, and adapting approaches accordingly alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree in a computing related topic or considerable work experience in the key subjects
- Willingness to work towards a recognised Stage 3 teaching qualification (Cert. Ed or equivalent)
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-Cor equivalent
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form,Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type - Bedford College
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) 52 weeks per year
35 holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will beheld on a date to be confirmed.