Vice Principal, Curriculum and Learning
3 days left
- Organisational Type
- GFE College
Vice Principal, Curriculum and Learning - (24094)
Working Hours: Full-time
Salary: Up to £59,590 per annum
Primary Location: Chelmsford
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External: 21/07/19
Job Summary and Responsibilities
Interviews for this role will take place on 29th July and 1st August
Please note the location is flexible. You do not have to be based in Chelmsford.
Adult Community Learning (ACL) is ECC’s provider of lifelong learning experiences for Essex residents.
ACL offers qualifications to help people move nearer to, enter or progress within the workplace, or gain skills to enhance life chances. The service focuses many of its programmes and activities on the hardest to reach communities within Essex.
ACL learners have access to a diverse range of non-accredited courses which encourage creativity, healthy lifestyles, social inclusion and engagement.
The Vice Principal is accountable for the design, development, planning and delivery of all aspects of the curriculum, ensuring commercially focused and high-quality learning is offered to the communities of Essex.
- Accountable for delivering a financially sustainable, innovative and scalable Curriculum & Learning Strategy that is commercially focused and meets the requirements of funding bodies and contractual partners.
- Work collaboratively with the Vice Principal – Quality & Compliance to ensure all key decisions have due consideration for both quality and impact.
- Ensure the development and delivery products to meet the needs of customers, learners and ECC using the information generated by the Commercial Team to transform from being reactive to proactive in terms of product placement and services.
- Accountable for performance management of the curriculum strategy and business plan to ensure it achieves the needs of the business and commissioned outcomes.
- Accountable for the delivery of a workforce strategy that deploys resources effectively, to deliver a responsive curriculum that is cost effective and maximises the use of limited resource.
- Accountable for the strategic management of curriculum funding and effectively determining use. Sets targets for income generation, underpinned by MI, insights and research sourced from the Commercial Team.
- Ultimately accountable for curriculum design and planning, ensuring all contractual requirements, commissioning priorities and market demands are met within funding and/or budgetary parameters.
- Work collaboratively with ECC partners to make the best use of public funds, ensure the best overall outcome for the people of Essex and support the ECC organisational plan.
- Manage and drive change and continuous improvement that leads to improvements in the delivery of all aspects of academic services.
- Produce and manage the implementation of a service-wide curriculum strategy and business plan to meet commissioned outcomes, contractual targets and customer need whilst embracing innovative design and commercial principles.
- Accountable for ensuring collaborative working across the curriculum areas to actively promote the sharing of best practice in teaching, learning and assessment which results in improved performance across academic services.
Knowledge, skills and experience
Alongside a professional teaching qualification (minimum level 5), you will evidence your successful teaching experience with adult learners, as well as your substantial experience of strategic leadership, management and complex changes, within an educational establishment at a senior level, ideally within a large organisation. You will have developed an understanding of the principles and practices underpinning equality and diversity in relation to work with adults.
You should have experience of successful budget management, implementation of financial controls, commercial acumen and business improvement.
Above all, you will have successful knowledge, understanding and experience of working in partnership, with the ability to inspire and gain the confidence and participation of a wide range of stakeholders.
Qualification certificates should be brought to the interview.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.