Job Title: Lecturer in Built Environment
Hours: 13.5 hours
Do you have a passion for Built Environment?
Do you have the enthusiasm, drive and ability to make a difference to students learning journey?
Does your current role lack a challenge?
Do you have the drive and desire to research and introduce new learning avenues?
Do you want to work for a college with over 50 years teaching and learning experience within a friendly and professional team of specialist experts?
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- All Lecturing staff are expected to use a diverse range of teaching methods including use of the virtual learning environment to create high quality learning, inclusive and interactive learning.
- Lecturing staff are expected to place relevant teaching materials on the virtual learning environment.
- To manage learning across a range of courses within the section.
- To develop the curriculum and meet current and future developments.
- To contribute to the efficient and effective delivery of courses within the section.
- Formal scheduled student contact.
- Organisation and administration of courses within the section.
- Attendance at staff development sessions.
- Contributing to marketing activities of the College or Construction section including school liaison, attendance at open evenings, taster days and school visits.
- Participating in the interviewing of prospective students.
- Developing new curriculum initiatives.
- Attendance at meetings – College or section.
- Liaising with external verifiers and employers.
- Participating in teams to develop new initiatives in respect of delivery of programmes.
- Other duties at request of the Head of Department as commensurate with the post.
What we can offer you:
- You will be working within a friendly and professional team who are specialist experts
- Competitive market rate salary
- 24 days’ annual leave per annum, plus eight Bank Holidays and three days Christmas Closure
- A Local Government Pension or Teachers Pension Scheme
- A canteen, hair and beauty salon and childcare nursery
- A sports centre with a 50% discount for staff
- Student Discount (NUS, Unidays, Student Beans)
Highbury College also offers extensive support to new staff including:
- Regular support and coaching throughout your first year
- A Mentor who will help you settle in to the College
- A thorough Induction programme
- Access to Learning and Development including a Free Course Voucher
- Employee Assistance Programme
So if you think you have the technical skills, experience and passion? Then come and join a ‘Amazing College with Amazing Staff’ and drive your career forward ‘The Highbury Way’.
For further information on this role, please download the Job Description.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity - The deadline for this vacancy is 11/12/2020.
Only applicants through our website will be accepted. To apply for the role please visit the link below and complete our application form. CV’s will not be accepted!