** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**Part Time, 18.5 hours per week.
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT).
Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country. WHAT WE DO
We are a growing department with full time students and apprentices studying a range of Engineering qualifications. You will be joining a team of 10 assessors who are specialists in their field and who are passionate about training the next generation of engineers. The team are proud of the high standards that they hold themselves to and would welcome a new enthusiastic member with a Motor Vehicle specialism.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Deliver and assess Motor Vehicle Level 3 qualifications to apprentices in college
- Visit apprentices at their work based locations to assess competency
- Monitor and track progress using e-portfolio systems
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
- You will enjoy challenges and have a track record of success when dealing with apprentices and employers
- You will hold an assessor qualification
- Preferably you will hold a teaching qualification, but if not then the willingness to undertake a teaching qualification will be required
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK's largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
- Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
- Excellent pension scheme with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers' Pension
- Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
- Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to the vacancy. SAFEGUARDING
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
- Children's barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
- Two professional references
- Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
- Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
- Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:Paul Cartwright
firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.