** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**x 2 Variable Hours contracts, up to 22.5 hours per week
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT).
Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country. WHAT WE DO
The Events, Enterprise and Employability Department are looking to hire two, variable hour, Learning and Support Assistants. Our department's pastoral team is large and always growing as it is the core of our department. We all believe in supporting the students both in the classroom and outside of it so that they can achieve their full potential. We have staggered start dates with many of our courses to help reduce the amount of NEET teenagers in Leeds so have a wide variety of students on our Level 1 - Level 3 courses who require support.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Providing in and out of class support to meet identified needs of students who have high needs
- Attend annual reviews as requested and attend student meetings as required to update on progress and behaviours
- To be involved in planning and preparation and assessment of learning as part of the curriculum team
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
- A supportive, team player who puts the students' needs first
- Able to adapt and embrace change
- Experience of working within a team who support students who have high needs or SEND to support their learning through identifying strategies and preparing young people for adulthood
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK's largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
- Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
- Excellent pension scheme with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers' Pension
- Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
- Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to the vacancy. SAFEGUARDING
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
- Children's barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
- Two professional references
- Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
- Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
- Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Jonathan.firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.