Job Advert The College
Come and work for one of the UK's leading FE Colleges, graded outstanding by OFSTED. We excel in offering high quality, technical and professional education leading to professional and skilled employment through strong relationships with employers. B&FC is a major local employer with over 1,100 employees choosing to work with us, we work with over 1,000 employers and have an annual turnover of £54m. Over 16,000 students choose to study at B&FC each year. The Position
An opportunity has arisen to join the Student Support and Wellbeing department as a SSW Wellbeing and Support Mentor. This is a full-time fixed term opportunity to cover maternity leave from 04 January 2021, working 37 hours per week based at our University Centre.
As a Wellbeing and Support Mentor you will be responsible for managing a caseload of students with a range of mental health conditions. You will work flexibly to deliver specialised one-to-one mentor sessions, combining a person centred approach with an understanding of the student's condition and academic responsibilities. This support will help students to develop as independent learners and maintain the necessary focus on academic progress despite the distractions imposed by their conditions. Rewards and Benefits
In return, B&FC offers a competitive rewards and benefits package including:
How to Apply
- Generous annual leave entitlement (38 days FTE including bank holidays)
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Free courses*
- Competitive pension scheme
- Sports facilities, including a fully-equipped Gym (Bispham Campus)
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices, including Level 6 restaurant (Bispham Campus)
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including: Bakery, Office and printing services
Before applying for this role please read the Job Description and Person Specification to ensure that you meet the criteria for this role.
If you are interested applying for this role, please click on the 'apply for this job' button and complete the online form.
In order to apply for this role the on-line form must be completed.
Please note the supporting statement within the online form has a limit of 1000 words so please be concise with your evidence.
You also have the option to upload your CV in support of your application at the beginning of your application.