Spirit Studios is an independent Higher Education provider specialising in Music Production, Music Business and Sound Engineering located in Manchester.
We are looking to expand and grow our academic team, and are creating a new Academic Team Leader role. The role will be based at the Downing Street Studios, but will be homebased in line with government guidance for the short-term.
We are looking for a qualified individual to lead curriculum areas and subject teams in the development, promotion, delivery and monitoring courses, as well as providing periodic tutor training and tutor support to teaching colleagues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Coordinate in consultation with the Vice Principal of Curriculum, the activities of relevant staff members contributing to the curriculum. Responsibilities will include timetabling monitoring, managing staff absences, managing an allocated budget.
● Assess for a range of programmes and levels within the curriculum areas and be responsible for further development of the curriculum area, including submissions to awarding bodies.
● Coordinate with the VP of Curriculum to develop innovative approaches to delivery.
● Support delivery staff with the curriculum areas in dealing with learner disciplinary issues.
● Ensure the effectiveness of systems for the implementation and monitoring of the quality of provision within the curriculum areas. This will include; in year programme reviews, evaluation and contributions to the reporting, liaison with awarding bodies and working within the Spirit Studios quality policy.
● Represent and actively promote Spirit Studios at internal or external events as required.
● Be involved in the interview process to ensure all learners are offered appropriate learning routes/options.
● Participate in staff or professional development activities.
● Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required, commensurate with the scope of the post and agreed with the VP of Curriculum.
● A degree in a music based subject area
● A recognised teaching qualification eg Cert ED/ PGCE
● Evidence of successful coordination of learners and staff within a HE setting
● Ability to teach at level 6 delivery
● Proven organisational ability and experience
● Experience of quality assurance procedures to ensure continuous improvements in course performance
● Understanding of an individual’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of individuals.
● A commitment to undertake training or deliver training as required
● A level 7 qualification
● Industry experience
● Industry experience or meaningful/significant teaching experience
● Experience of an Observation of Teaching & Learning process
Spirit Studios is committed to equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
If you think you’re a good fit for the role, please send an email containing your CV and covering letter as attachments to email@example.com by 5pm, Friday, 29th January 2021.