£36,545 - £43,789 per annum (Senior Lecturer Salary Scale)
£41,585 - £51,275 per annum (Principal Lecturer Salary Scale)
37 hours a week
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role
- You will be an outstanding individual, joining our University Sports Department at Hartpury University.
- You will predominately be teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level within the field of sports management, with evidence of producing high quality teaching, research or both.
- You will be highly motivated and committed to sustained excellence.
- You will aspire to ensure the continuous improvement of the student experience and have clear appreciation of industry application and impact.
- Also, you will also contribute to the department’s aspirations of growth within postgraduate provision through associated curriculum development activities.
- You will have a relevant postgraduate qualification, and bring with you experience of the applied sports business management industry.
- Your experience of working in applied contexts will enable you to contribute to teaching and learning activities focused on organisational leadership, change and culture.
- You will be committed to creating a high quality student experience, evidenced through a focus on excellence within teaching and learning. A record of active research and knowledge exchange is welcomed but not essential. In addition, experience of level 8 supervision would be a distinct advantage.
- You will also have a clear appreciation of the connectivity between theory and practice and the ability to foster industry partnerships to develop placement links for our students
- You will be able to demonstrate a willingness to continue to develop your record of practice and scholarship.
What we Offer
- Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
- Teachers’ pension scheme
- Employee discounts scheme
- Support for continuous professional development
- 35 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Visit our website www.hartpury.ac.uk to apply online or telephone (01452) 702135 to request documents by post.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21st January 2021
Interviews will be held on 28th January 2021
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.