Full Time - 37 Hours per week
Working hours 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday / Friday 8.30am – 4:30pm.
Starting Salary £25,433 per annum (£25,433 - £27,775) Salary progression after 6 month probation / £27,775 salary achievable after 2 years of employment
Based at the Welwyn Garden City Campus with travel within the Hertfordshire area.
We are looking for a Careers Advisor to work with the Careers and Personal development Coordinator to deliver careers, information advice and guidance that encourage students to aspire, make good choices and understand what they need to do in order to reach and succeed in their chosen career.
The successful applicant will ensure that all students participate in a high quality careers education, including meaningful encounters with employers and access to work experience placements. This is coupled with appropriate opportunities for students to develop the knowledge, skills and attributes needed to make successful choices and manage their careers.
To be considered for this role candidates need to hold the following;
It would be desirable if candidates are educated to CEIAG level 6 or equivalent in information advice and guidance, although support to complete this qualification will be offered through the College.
Experience of providing advice and support to individuals and groups in FE colleges
Please refer to the job description when submitting your application.
Closing Date: Thursday 28th January
Interview Date TBC – Remotely via Microsoft teams
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Generous annual leave – 30 days plus 8 days bank holiday
• Automatic entry into the Local Government pension Scheme.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.