Full Time 37 hours per week
£28,433 - £33,363 per annum - Depending on experience, £33,363 salary achievable after 2 years of employment – Teacher Training offered
We also have positions available for an hourly paid tutor – Full Time / Part time hours available, to start ASAP. For more information please contact the HR Department directly.
If you have a background in Heating and Plumbing and a passion for sharing your skills and knowledge we want to hear from you! The successful candidate will have a Level 3 Plumbing qualification and have at least 5 years relevant industry experience in the subject area. Thorough knowledge and experience of the industry is essential together with a Plumbing qualification. You may also be required to teach on English and/or Maths Functional skills courses and act as a Personal Tutor.
As a Lecturer in the Plumbing department, you will teach on a range of courses ranging from L1, L2 and L3 full time courses, L2 part time evening and L2 & L3 apprentices. Qualifications and experience in assessing and IQA are desirable. Ideally, candidates should hold a recognised teaching qualification, although training will be provided.
The successful applicant should have a strong commitment to high standards of classroom practice and experience of teaching, and working with young people. You will have a genuine regard for young people and want to work with us to ensure that all our students aspire to do well. You will demonstrate and professional standards in your area of work. The ability to work in a team is essential, sharing good practice and working collaboratively with colleagues are qualities that we will be looking for.
We are looking for someone with the drive and enthusiasm to deliver high standards of teaching and to play a major part in the future of Oaklands College.
Closing Date: Sunday 24th January - Early applications are advised as the advert may close before the closing date.
Interviews will take place remotely via Microsoft Teams, shortlisted candidates will be provided details of the interview.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Trafford College Group
Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group
Peterborough Regional College