West Suffolk College
Salary: £20,870 to £22,943 depending on experience
Permanent - 37 hours per week.
It is an exciting time for the West Suffolk College group who have been through a significant period of growth this year. With a number of different provisions to support, there is the opportunity for a Marketing Assistant to join the busy team and to be able to contribute to the creativity and innovation that comes with marketing and promoting the fantastic things happening across the college. We are looking for vibrant, enthusiastic and dedicated candidate to help drive forward the Marketing department.
Not only does the position offer a very competitive salary range but also an attractive benefits package which is inclusive of a lucrative pension scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, free training and also numerous money saving options with local organisations.
- Deliver the annual business cycle of marketing collateral for the West Suffolk College group including Sixth Form, Apprenticeships, Upskilling and Retraining and University Studies
- Run campaigns to promote individual services within the West Suffolk College Group, such as Edmunds restaurant or Conservatoire East.
- Support the creation and production of marketing materials for digital use and print, including but not limited to course information flyers, the student Magazine, posters and banners.
- Support the running and production of virtual and live events.
- Support campus visuals and campaigns to ensure the campus is outstanding at all times
- Establish good working relationships with colleagues across WSC group to ensure that the needs to the WSC group education strands have the marketing resources they need to promote the offer
- Be an active member of the Marketing team and participate in Open Events and various exhibitions and information events that SAT may attend. Events range from general Open Events to fairs, launches, official openings, Prize-giving and Awards Ceremonies. In particular, focus on digital marketing activity at these events.
- Contribute to the development of innovative digital ideas to promote and market West Suffolk College group.
- Handle confidential information under the Data Protection Act 1998 and adherence to all other SAT policies.
- Be responsible for own health and safety at work and comply with the SAT’s health and safety policy at all times
- Undertake any other duties as directed.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- GCSE English/Maths
- Experience of working on marketing campaigns and business cycles to meet marketing objectives.
- Experience of copy writing in a diverse organisation with a range of priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT and system knowledge and an aptitude to learn new software quickly.
- Experience of using InDesign and Photoshop software.
- Willingness to undergo any training or development as or when appropriate
- Committed to understanding new technology and upgrading skills
- Creative and technical aptitude.
- An organised, methodical and flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- A positive attitude to work.
- Ability to work out of the office or outside of normal working hours when required, for example, for open events, exhibitions, etc.
For more information please contact email@example.com
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org , if you have not heard from a member of the HR team within 14 working days, please presume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: Monday 8th February 2021
Interview Date: TBC
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms