Customer Services Assistant - Reception
West Suffolk College – Bury St Edmunds
Permanent, 37 hours per week
Salary: £16,786 to £17,922 depending on experience
West Suffolk College are looking for a professional and enthusiastic Customer Services Assistant who will be the first point of call for students, staff and visitors. We are looking for someone with a flexible working approach as you will be required to work across our Main Site, Built Environment and STEM campus. Previous experience of working in a client-focused environment would be an advantage. In addition, you will have the ability to work under pressure, possess a can-do attitude towards work and possess good interpersonal skills and an excellent telephone manner.
- Ensure that visitors receive a professional and efficient welcome on behalf of the College. This is to include registration and identification. Liaise with staff regarding appointments, interviews, car parking and other general office duties.
- Deal with initial enquiries including email enquiries regarding courses.
- Provide information on College facilities, courses and events, taking enquiries and disseminating information to the relevant staff.
- Operate the College telephone and radio paging system and be first point of contact for Fire and emergency systems liaising with other College staff as per College procedures.
- Process incoming/outgoing deliveries including parcels and recording details in an efficient manner. Frank outgoing mail and distribution of internal mail.
- Process incoming and outgoing payments and fees made my cash, cheque and credit/debit card, checking paperwork and using a computerised till. Cash up and balance the till at the end of the working day.
- Computer input using College software systems such as Unit-E and Columbus. Will also use Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Work flexibly as a member of the Helpzone and Customer Service team, to include working flexible hours and providing cover for shifts where necessary. Ensure there is effective communication throughout the team, ensuring all team members are kept up to date with current activity.
- Participate in events across the College, e.g. open events, student interviews, enrolment etc.
- Ensure publicity materials are displayed and stocks maintained for collection by enquirers. To assist in maintaining the Course Information Sheets ensuring that only accurate information is available for enquirers either by paper or on the College website
- Undertake training as appropriate to the role of Customer Service Advisor as identified by the Administration Manager – Reception & Help Zone.
- Adhere to all College policies including the current data protection act and computer misuse act, treating all data as confidential.
- Operate all systems and procedures to agreed pre-defined service levels.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Qualified or working towards Level 2 qualification in Business Administration or Customer Service
- Excellent customer service skills
- An organised, methodical and flexible approach to work, with the ability to work as a member of a team while maintaining own workload.
- An ability to work at times without supervision and to use initiative Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience of working in a customer focused role
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with students and staff at all levels
- An organised, methodical approach to work
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
Please send a completed application form to email@example.com , if you have not heard from a member of the HR team within 14 working days, please presume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: Wednesday 17th February 2021
Interview Date: TBC
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms