In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted's recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College's provision and acknowledged NSCG's 'positive, stimulating and safe learning environment', 'highly motivated staff', and 'learners' exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning'. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual with relevant experience to teach Health & Social Care.
You will be and inspiring and dynamic lecturer with the ability to teach across our provision, including Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care, Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care/Health Studies and HNC for Health Care Practice.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- To deliver a proportion of remote teaching, learning and assessment (as well as on site delivery) via appropriate platforms such as MS Teams and Zoom (or equivalent).
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials
What's in it for you?
- Holds a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Has recent experience in health care sector
- Has an appropriate teaching qualification, support given with this if required
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience (particularly BTEC Health & Social Care at Levels 2 & 3) within the FE sector
- Is an effective communicator and has good organisational skills.
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days Annual Leave per year (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)