Casual Assessor/Internal Verifier
Part-time: Variable hours
Hourly rate: Assessor: £17.01 per hour / Internal Verifier: £21.59 per hour
Plus Benefits: Defined Benefit Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Free Car Parking, Subsidised Refectory and onsite Gym
Central Bedfordshire College are looking for experienced and qualified Assessors and Internal Verifiers from the following areas; Business and Admin, Care Services, Digital & ICT Skills, Education and Childcare, Health and Science, Sales, Marketing and Procurement, Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, Warehousing and Storage.
The roles will be to ensure the delivery of high-quality provisions across our range of Adult Education and Access courses.
Main duties and Responsibilities include
- Depending on the qualification you may be asked to observe and assessing a candidate in a workplace setting.
- Supporting candidates in developing their portfolio of evidence.
- Assessing their portfolio of evidence against awarding body standards.
- Providing feedback to help students meet and exceed awarding body standards.
- Keeping records of the student's progress.
- Attending meeting with other assessors and managers to discuss learner progress and for standardisation.
- Liaising with other staff and managers within the workplace to support learners in achieving their qualification.
- Signing off the qualification for manager approval once all the training and occupational standards have been met.
- Support the internal and external standards verification of the qualification(s)
The ideal Candidate should
- Have an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification
- Be a qualified Assessor and Internal Verifier with knowledge of both Standards Demonstrate an understanding of the current and future curriculum developments within own specialist area
- Experience in the delivery of practical instruction and demonstration and assessment to groups and individual learners
- You will be a qualified Assessor and Internal Verifier with knowledge of both Standards and Frameworks ideally A1 & V1 Award or equivalent
Capable of producing accurate and detailed reporting
- Computer literate
CLOSING DATE: 21st March 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: TBC
If you are passionate about working with students and can engage with a diverse range of students, we want to hear from you! CV’s should be sent to email@example.com
All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.