This is an exciting opportunity for an established and acclaimed scholar in the filed of animal and veterinary science to provide educational services to students in the higher education sector preferably a university or a graduate school. If you are passionate about teaching, you have a natural liking for animals, and you are wholly committed to promoting and enhancing academic knowledge of your filed this should come easily to you.
This role is suited for candidates who are genuinely interested in the teaching and learning process, resilient, dedicated, committed and have a particular interest in helping young students harness their potential to the fullest. To be considered as the right fit for this position, you must be a natural caregiver, possess an ability to pay great attention to detail and observant.
This position demands a great communication skill both in its oral and written form. You should be able to communicate effectively to your students and other staff of the institution in clear and concise language.
You should also be committed to self-development and be keen on updating your current knowledge in your field with recent developments as this will help you carry out your responsibilities to the students effectively. A great organisational and time-management skill will also come in handy; you must have the ability to effectively balance your workload amidst competing priorities. Clear evidence of work independence and team working ability is essential; you should be able to perform the demands of this role independently with little or no supervision and also work collaboratively as a team with other members of staff.
Having the right educational qualification is also a prerequisite for this position. Some of the basic educational qualifications which you must meet will include-
- A degree in animal care and veterinary science from a recognised institution.
- A valid and certified teaching qualification.
- A basic understanding of English language.
- Must be proficient in IT skills including Microsoft office suite.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as an animal caregiver or an animal care qualification will be an added advantage.
This position comes with some basic responsibilities which will include-
- To facilitate students learning through lectures, seminars, and tutorials at undergraduate and graduate levels within your field of expertise.
- Produce high-quality teaching and learning materials for the benefit of students in the institution.
- To develop and implement effective teaching and learning initiatives.
- Ensure that students in the institution gain access to the support they require to meet their learning needs.
- To be available for staff development via staff training and industrial updating as required to meet educational competence.
- Assess and evaluate students work using the institution’s recommended assessment techniques.
- Participate in improving and reviewing course systems and procedures in the institution.
- Collaborate with other staff to achieve the academic goals and objectives of the institution.
- Adhere to all rules, policies, and regulation governing the institution.
If you are interested in this opportunity and you consider yourself equal to task please kindly submit the necessary applications.