Looking for an excellent opportunity to develop your catering, hospitality and food technology skills within an exciting, innovative and conducive environment? If yes, then look no further this might just be your perfect opportunity.
This position is fit for persons with a keen and genuine interest in cookery, food science, and hospitality management. To perform effectively in this position, you should demonstrate a good level of creativity and innovation. Also, you must possess an up to date knowledge of practices and commercial development in the hospitality and catering industry.
Since you will be working actively to foster learning amongst students, you must not only be passionate about the caterin and hospitality industry but you must also be passionate about training and tutoring students to become successful in their learning. Your patience, commitment, dedication and resilience towards teaching students should be unquestionable when you take up this role. You must also exhibit high standards of cleanliness and an ability to adhere to strict hygiene rules.
An excellent leadership skill is also desired in this position; you should be able to maintain a good balance between your relationship with students and other staff of the institution. Great communication and interpersonal skill will also be required; you should be able to communicate excellently with students and other staff of the institution courteously and with tact.
You will benefit from having a food-related degree or a hospitality degree for this position. The following qualifications must be met:
- A degree in any relevant field including food nutrition and health, food science/technology, catering and hospitality management.
- An experience of teaching/tutoring across the hospitality industry especially in an educational institution.
- A relevant teaching qualification.
- A basic understanding of English language.
- Proficient in IT skills including Microsoft office suite (Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel)
- Although this position is one that requires skill and a rich experience, these qualifications are highly advised to be met because preference will be given to only candidates who meet the requirements.
Responsibilities to be performed in this position may vary depending on the faculty or department you are assigned to work with and your area of specialism. However, your basic tasks will include:
1. Instructing, supervising and assessing students within your area of specialty.
2. Facilitating learning in the kitchen environment.
3. Managing the safety, legality, and quality of food and confectionaries produced in the institution.
4. Establishes and maintains a safe work environment for both learning and practical experience of the students.
5. Comply with budget requirements by controlling costs and making amendments where necessary.
6. Supporting students in their educational development within your field.
7. Collaborate effectively with other staff of the institution to meet with the academic goals of the institution.
8. Maintain all policies and regulations of the institution.
9. Attend all training and meetings applicable to the staffs of the college.
10. Perform other related duties as this position demands.
If you meet these requirements and consider yourself equal to the demands of this position, then hurry now and submit the necessary applications.
If you can't find the college catering jobs and hospitality education jobs you were looking for here, sign up to receive alerts as new positions become available with the UK's leading colleges.