Are you passionate about working with young growing children, full of creative/innovative ideas and keen on developing your own even while you work? If so, then a job as a childcare giver/ an early year’s practitioner might be the right fit for you.
The basic role of a childcare giver/ early years practitioner is to provide a stimulating environment for children to explore and develop considering their basic individual needs. As a childcare giver/ an early year’s practitioner you will be actively involved in the early formative years of children you come across. Consequently, taking up this role will require that you must be reliable, friendly, proactive, enthusiastic and confident in delivering early years childcare to children you are opportune to work with. As a childcare giver/early years practitioner you should exhibit a high level of patience and perseverance, patience is key if you are willing to excel in this role as you will constantly be involved in teaching basic social skills to children you come across.
You should also have a knack for interacting freely with guardians of the children you work with; a good communication skill will take you a long way in this position. The ability to work easily as part of a team and to use your initiative, relate well to parents and children is necessary to perform this job.
There are also compulsory basic educational requirements that you must meet to qualify as a suitable candidate for this position. Some of these requirements include:
- A recognized childcare qualification NVQ or its equivalent 2/3.
- A previous experience of working with children 0-5-year-old.
- A current safeguarding and pediatric first aid qualification will be preferred.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
- An ability and experience in speaking and working closely with parents will also be an edge.
- A basic understanding of English language.
Meeting these requirements will be considered as a foremost prerequisite to be considered for this position.
Your responsibility as a childcare giver/ early years practitioner will entail working round the clock to meet the demanding needs of children placed under your care so you should be fully prepared to perform the following functions:
- Assisting with the planning of the curriculum and also working with the institution's administrator to ensure that each child is consistently working towards desirable learning outcomes.
- You will be involved in supporting children in their learning, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation while maintaining the play based system of learning.
- Assist in the implementation of the daily routine within the institution you work with.
- To take part in the observations and record keeping so that the children’s attainment and progress are effectively and regularly assessed.
- You will also be involved with liaising closely with parents/guardians, encouraging parents/guardian’s involvement and each child’s needs are recognized and met.
- You will also adhere strictly to all school policies and procedures,
- You will also assist in providing a support network for children while encouraging them to reach their full potential.
- Attend staff meetings and other required training’s that will be needed for this position.
- You will also perform any other reasonable domestic duties as will be required of you.
If you think you are a right fit for this position and you are also willing to help young children work toward their dream, then kindly submit your application and fill out the necessary required forms. Thanks!!
Find the latest vacancies for early years college jobs and Childcare college vacancies. Review available jobs and apply today with your CV.
To receive notifications on the latest early years and childcare college jobs when they appear on AoC Jobs, set up an email alert with AoC Jobs.