Do you want to work in the tranquil environment of a college as a hair and beauty lecturer? Are you interested in improving the employability skills of students in the higher education sector? If yes, then this should be a primary step in the appropriate direction for you.
This opportunity is ideal for candidates who have a passion for hair, beauty, and aesthetics and understands the importance of teaching students to help them build and effectively maximise their potential. This position focuses on education, and as such to perform optimally, you must be skilled, passionate about making a difference and be optimistic about making an impact in an educational setting.
You must possess a positive approach towards teaching and learning, with a great behavior management and a proactive attitude. An excellent subject knowledge of your field is well sought after. You must have an ability to engage and inspire students to reach the optimum potential in this field and other related subjects. An up to date knowledge of recent developments in this field is also required. This means that you must have a desire for self-development and research to get information about the latest beauty and hair trends, products and recent treatment procedures so you can equip the students with the latest thinking.
Excellent communication skills both in written and verbal form are well desired as this will go a long way in helping your students gain a high level of understanding in this field. A good organisational skill and an excellent time-management skill will be an advantage. You should be able to prioritise your workload effectively even in the face of conflicting situations.
Ability to work independently with little or no supervision is desirable. You should also be able to work collaboratively with other members of staff when it is required.
In addition to these desirable attributes, you must possess some basic educational qualification, which will include:
- A degree in a relevant field and from a recognised institution.
- You must be a licensed beautician.
- Must possess a minimum of a level 3 qualification in hairdressing.
- A basic understanding of English language.
- Must be proficient in IT skills including Microsoft office suite.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a lecturer in this field.
- A valid teaching qualification will be an advantage.
- It is beneficial that you have an assessor award, but this is not essential.
These requirements are advised to be strictly met as preference will be given to candidates who meet them.
Working as a hair and beauty lecturer, your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Motivate, inspire and share your learned hair and beauty tips to your students.
- Delivering inclusive, responsive and innovative teaching and learning on a range of hair and beauty programs to the students.
- Contribute towards curriculum development and take full advantage of curriculum and staff development activities in the institution.
- Meet and comply with the institution's strategic priorities and objectives.
- Ensuring that employability, employer engagement activities are embedded into the program.
- Ensure that courses in this field are delivering the skills employers seek for.
- Develop a holistic and personalised learning approach in all your lessons.
- Evaluate students’ academic progress using appropriate assessment techniques.
- Adhere to all rules and regulations governing the institution.
- Perform other responsibilities as will be required of this position.
If you possess the relevant skill and experience to fulfill this role and you are looking forward to working within an educational institution, then please submit the necessary applications as soon as possible.
To be notified of the beauty lecturer jobs or other FE roles in hair and beauty, set up a jobs by email alert. Alternatively, increase your visibility to potential employers by registering your account to create a profile and upload your CV.