Looking for a good way to create a niche for yourself in the higher education sector? Then you should read this post.
This position should be pretty easy for you to function if you are very much comfortable with working with other people on a daily basis and you are okay with working with students in institutions of learning especially in the higher education sector. This position demands that you show a good level of diligence, maintain an excellent confidentiality level in your everyday dealings, apply high-end initiatives to realize the virtual goals of the institution. You should also show enthusiasm in taking up key leadership roles even among other employees in the college. High-End communication skills is also a necessary attribute for this position because maintaining a good communication level while working as a head of job will foster a better working environment.
You will be an exceptional leader with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse multidisciplinary team to deliver and attain the highest levels of quality, operation, and enhancement in terms of the school's teaching and learning practice. Having an ability to carry out diverse responsibilities even in a pressured work environment will also come in handy for this position.
To be considered as an ideal candidate for this position, you should also demonstrate an impeccable time management and organizational skills. Creativity is also a core attribute of this job; you should be able to come up with new and better initiatives in other to foster academic and administrative excellence in the institution.
Apart from the general attributes that you should display, there are a few educational qualifications, which you must possess to fit into this position, some of these qualifications include:
- A degree in a relevant field from a recognized college.
- Good IT skills.
- Proficient in Basic English language.
The responsibilities you will take on will vary and will largely depend on the faculty or area in the college your are assigned to. Nevertheless, you will play a lead role in the activities of the institution, and you will take on several responsibilities which will include:
- Articulating college/ college related goals.
- Providing leadership for the faculty by providing programs that are academically sound and promote the maximal use of available resources.
- Managing and ensuring that students and student activities receive maximum supervision.
- Be able to handle administrative details which will make your office function effectively, efficiently and professionally.
- Administering the department budget efficiently.
- Coordinating other staff activities.
- Allocate college funds in a way that is consistent with the goals of the department you are heading.
- Coordinating the development of long-term goals for the institution.
- Implementing college administrative policies efficiently.
- Coordinating the dissemination of information of interest for students in the school.
- Promoting and facilitating professional development through activities such as the suggestion of urging attendance at professional meetings, funding sources, discussing research ideas, and organizing workshops.
- Performing other responsibilities as this position might require.
Sounds easy breezy, right? If you have all it takes and you are willing to give try it out, then make the most of this opportunity by applying.