Do you have a keen interest in delivering quality development experience to students in the college? Are you particularly enthusiastic about providing expert support and advice to the management of an institution in all areas of HR? then look no further this amazing opportunity might be just for you.
This position should suit you well if you have zero problems working in a boisterous environment, round the clock every day. You will find this opportunity satisfactory if you have a good knowledge of current employment legislation's and know how to apply such knowledge in workplace practices. An awareness of people management issues that are affecting the higher education sector will go a long way in boosting your performance in this role.
A key to success in this career path is to gain a broad range of experience that will help you to develop your skills. This invariably includes being a good listener, using tact and diplomacy while being persuasive with your viewpoints. Having the ability to pay attention to detail of ever-changing laws and applying new regulations in your practice.
It is essential that you also demonstrate a great deal of commitment, dedication, consistency, and resilience when you take on this position. You should also be able to facilitate effective communication between the employers and employees of the institution you are assigned to work with. Your communication and interpersonal skills should be top-notch. You must also possess a great initiative, resourcefulness, depth of perception, maturity in judgment, and a good analytical ability.
In addition to these desired attributes, you must meet with certain basic educational qualifications to be considered as the right fit for this position. These qualifications include:
- A bachelors degree in any relevant field from a recognised institution.
- A basic understanding of English language.
- Proficient in IT skills including Microsoft office suite.
- A previous experience as an HR and training manager will be an advantage.
Your main responsibilities other than your role as an HR officer will be to provide training programs that will equip students with life building skills for a better future. You will perform a lot of related functions which will include:
- Delivering effective training programs for the students and staff of the institution.
- Lead on specific training development projects.
- Advise and assist in training course design methodology and monitor progress.
- Carry out training reviews and evaluations in the institution.
- Provide first level advice and guidance on HR policies and procedure to the staff of the institution.
- Involvement in employment-related casework and assisting in the preparation of employment tribunal cases.
- Assist with the creation and delivery of HR related training courses/training to employers and employees in the institution.
- Work with other HR colleagues in the institution to ensure a consistent approach to HR advice and improve the overall delivery of HR across the institution.
- Perform other related tasks as will be required for this position.
- If you feel that you have the relevant skills and qualifications for this role, then submit the required applications.
If you can't find the college HR jobs you were looking for here, sign up to receive alerts as new roles become available with leading colleges.