If you are interested in providing quality knowledge to students and you have a genuine interest in fostering academic excellence among young students in the higher education sector preferably a university or even a graduate school, then this opportunity is right for you. This role is tailored perfectly to suit persons who have a flair for teaching and have zero problems working round the clock in an educational institution.
To be considered for this role you must possess an in-depth knowledge of leisure, tourism, and its related field. You must have the ability to efficiently capture students interest and be able to transfer knowledge in this field efficiently to them. You should also demonstrate a clear interest towards self-development, be willing to undergo any further training to broaden your knowledge in this field and also be able to keep abreast of any recent development and findings in this field.
It is also expected that you should possess an excellent communication skill both in its written and verbal form, you must be able to communicate effectively to both students and staff in a clear and concise manner. You should also be patient, articulate, maintain a great attention to detail and be willing and fully committed to fostering academic excellence among students. A great deal of organisational and time-management skill is also required for this position. You should be able to meet deadlines effectively, teach and perform your duties within the allocated time, prioritise and balance your workload efficiently even in the face of competing interests.
A great deal of interpersonal skill and a good team workability is also required, you should be able to collaborate and work effectively with other members of staff to actualise the goals of the institution. An independence of workability is also desired, you must be able to perform your duties effectively with little or no supervision.
You must also meet with some necessary educational qualifications to be considered for this position. These qualifications will include-
- A degree in travel, tourism and any other related field from a recognised institution.
- A basic understanding of English language.
- Must be proficient in basic IT skills including Microsoft office suit.
- A minimum of 2-3years experience as a lecturer in this field in the higher education sector.
These requirements are mandatory and are advised to be duly met as preference will be given to applicants who meet them.
You will perform a wide range of responsibilities once you take up this role. Some of your key duties will include-
- Giving lectures, training, and seminars to students efficiently.
- Develop effective teaching and learning programs for students.
- Contribute to the planning, design, and development of objectives and material to broaden students knowledge and understanding of your field of expertise.
- Preparing and monitoring education plans so that they meet individual academic needs of students.
- Set, mark and assess work and examinations and provide feedback to students.
- Collaborate with other academic staff to ensure that the educational needs of students are identified and provided for.
- Supervise students projects, research, field trips and where appropriate job placements.
- Help in creating and promoting a suitable learning environment for students.
- Adhere to all rules, policies, and regulations governing the institution.
- Perform other related duties as will be required of this role.
To demonstrate your interest in this opportunity, please respond positively by submitting the necessary applications.