Looking for the most exciting and amazing opportunity to put your degree in psychology and sociology to good use? Then this might be right for you. This position not only offers a fulfilling way to forge a career for yourself it also offers an amazing opportunity to make a living out of it. You will find this opportunity fulfilling if you have a passion for teaching and you are genuinely interested in making an impact in the lives of young students by encouraging them to live up to their full potential.
This opportunity entails working in a higher education institution such as a university/graduate school. You will have zero problems working in this role if you enjoy working with students to increase their knowledge and understanding of your field. To perform excellently in this field, you must show evidence of ability to comprehend, scrutinise, and re-assess common perceptions of the social world an in-depth knowledge of psychology and its related field.
You must also possess a clear evidence of a good organisational skill and an excellent time-management ability. You should be able to prioritise your tasks, teach students and carry out other related duties within the institutions allocated time and effectively balance your workload amidst competing priorities.
An exceptional leadership ability and a great interpersonal skill is also a win for this position. A larger part of your responsibilities in this position will be better performed if you can work well with others as a team to actualise the academic goals of the institution. Ability to work independently is also required, you must be able to perform your duties effectively with little or no supervision.
In addition to these desired attributes, you must also meet with some basic educational qualifications to be considered for this position. Some of these qualifications will include:
- A degree in psychology/sociology or any other related field from a recognised institution.
- A valid teaching qualification.
- A basic understanding of English language.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a psychology/sociology lecturer in a recognised institution.
- Must be proficient in basic IT skills including Microsoft office suite.
These requirements are mandatory and are advised to be duly met as preference will be given to applicants who meet them.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Design and deliver teaching material across a range of modules or within a subject area using appropriate teaching, learning support and assessment methods.
- Design and deliver course materials to foster students understanding in your field of expertise.
- Contribute to the planning, design, and development of course objectives and materials.
- Mark and assess coursework and examinations and provide feedback to students.
- Supervise students’ projects, field trips and where appropriate job placements.
- Collaborate effectively with other academic colleagues to identify and respond to students’ academic needs.
- Adhere to all rules. Regulations and policies governing the institution.
- Perform other related duties as will be required of this position.
If this opportunity suits you right, kindly indicate your interest by submitting the necessary applications.