Are you interested in forging a different career path for yourself by providing quality services in the higher education sector preferably a university or even a graduate school? Then make the most of this fantastic opportunity. This position is open to individuals with a genuine interest in enhancing the academic standards of an educational institutions award and the quality of the learning opportunities they provide for students.
You will be suited for this position if you are meticulous about meeting standards and customer expectations and committed to improving general academic performance in the institution. To meet the demands of this position optimally, you must have an in-depth knowledge of quality assurance and standard techniques in relation to academic partnerships. An excellent communication skill is also desirable for this position; you should be able to communicate effectively in both the written and oral forms of communication as this will go a long way in helping you perform the demands of this role effectively.
Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills are also a requisite, in addition to this, you should also maintain a flexible approach towards work and be able to balance your workload effectively even in the face of competing demands. A great organisational and time management ability is also required.
This position also demands that you meet some basic educational qualifications. Some of these qualifications will include -
- A degree in any relevant field from a recognised university.
- A basic understanding of English language.
- Must be proficient in basic IT skills including
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a quality and standards officer in an educational institution.
These requirements are advised to be duly met as preference will be given to candidates who meet them.
Your key responsibilities in this role will include-
- Contributing to institutional policy and planning on a range of matters relating to academic quality and assurance as well as enhancement.
- Managing and promoting the institutions relationship with all academic partners.
- Providing specialist advice on academic standards in areas concerned.
- Undertaking and report on internal academic quality reviews of the institution's programs and activities.
- Providing specialist advice to academic and professional staff on all matters relating to the maintenance of academic quality and standards.
- Using lead initiatives to make suggestions for academic changes in the institution and how to effectively implement them.
- Proactively engineer and maintain strong links with the university partner institution.
- Support the institution in the research engaged teaching agendas, in relation to teaching and learning, assessment and curriculum development.
- Undertake staff development and training deemed necessary for the effective performance of the duties attached to this position.’
- Comply with the institution's health and safety, equality and diversity policies and follow all institutions requirement relevant to the duties of this post.
- Collaborate with other staff of the institution to establish academic procedures and standards and ensure that they are strictly complied with.
- Perform other related functions as will be required of this position.
- If you are interested in this position then please kindly submit the necessary applications.