If you are a confident communicator and you enjoy the challenge of working with young students to meet a desired academic target, then a career as a lecturer/tutor will be for you. This opportunity is available to applicants who are passionate about fostering academic excellence among young students in the higher education sector preferably a university or a graduate school.
To perform the demands of this position optimally, you should possess an in-depth knowledge of sales/business development and its related field and be fully committed to teaching excellence in this field and foster a positive learning environment for students in the institution. You should also possess an interest in self-development, you should be able to keep abreast of lead developments and recent discoveries in your subject area this will help improve your knowledge in your field.
Great time management and organisational ability are also important; you should be able to effectively manage your workload even in the face of competing priorities. Strong communication skills are vital both in the written and verbal forms, and without them, you won’t meet the demands of this role effectively.
You should also exhibit a clear evidence of interpersonal skills; a lot of the responsibilities you will take on this role requires a great level of team effort, so you must be able to build strong working relationships with your colleagues in the institution as well as the students.
To be considered as the ideal candidate for this position, you must meet with some basic educational qualifications which will include:
- An honors degree or its equivalent qualification in economics or its related field from a recognised institution.
- A basic understanding of English language.
- A valid teaching qualification.
- Must be proficient in basic IT skills including Microsoft office suite.
- A minimum of 2-3 years work related experience in this field will be an added advantage.
These requirements are mandatory and are advised to be met as preference will be given to applicants who meet them.
You will perform a wide range of responsibilities once you take up this role. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- You will contribute to course design, review, and development of business programs in the institution.
- You will contribute to examining, assessment and marking students’ performance.
- Undertake of curriculum development as and when required.
- Contribute to the development and formative assessment of students to ensure that learning meets individual needs in the institution.
- Be involved in the planning and delivering of outstanding training programs and workshops for the benefit of students.
- Attend all staff meetings, training, and developments as will be required.
- Identify and ensure that the academic needs of the students in the institution are fully met.
- Promote the core academic values and goals of the institution.
- Collaborate effectively with other staff of the institution.
- Perform other related duties as this job will demand.
If this suits you right and you consider yourself equal to task then apply now for this position while the opportunity lasts.