If you are looking forward to the starting an amazing career as an educator in the higher education sector preferably a university or a graduate school? Do you relish the idea of working with young students to develop and increase their knowledge and interest in science and it’s related field? Then this could be the right career path for you. This role is open to applicants who are passionate about helping young students hone their academic skills as well as equipping them with great employability skills.
To be considered as an ideal candidate for this position, you must possess an in-depth knowledge of any field of science, and you must be willing to share such authentic knowledge with young students. An excellent communication skill is also a win for this position; you must be able to communicate effectively with both students and staff in a clear and concise language and be able to build a good rapport with students to foster a better understanding of your taught field.
Ability to work with other members of staff as a team to achieve the academic aims of the institution will be looked out for. You should also be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This role also demands that you maintain a flexible approach towards teaching to adapt easily to the academic needs of a diverse range of students.
A good organisational and time-management ability is also a requisite for this role; you should be able to effectively prioritise your workload, meet deadlines, perform your academic duties within the allocated time and balance your workload amidst competing priorities. An interest in self-development is also desired, you should have a flair for continual learning and be willing to keep abreast of recent developments in your field of expertise.
In addition to these required attributes, you must meet with some basic academic qualification to be considered as the perfect fit for this position. These qualifications will include:
- A degree in any relevant field from a recognised institution.
- A basic understanding of English language.
- Proficient in basic IT skills including Microsoft office suite.
- A minimum of 2-3 years work relevant experience in this field will be an advantage.
These requirements are mandatory and are advised to be duly met as preference will be given to candidates who meet them.
Once you take on this role, you will perform a wide range of responsibilities which will include:
- Plan, develop and teach a variety of science concepts to students interested in your field of expertise
- Utilise hands-on, lab-based activities that reinforce science content and skills.
- Assess students coursework and examinations using the institutions preferred assessment techniques and provide useful feedback to students.
- Contribute to the planning and development of students academic objectives and curriculum.
- Organise workshops, seminars, exhibitions, and tutorials to educate and expose students to the beneficial contribution of science in the society.
- Promote and create suitable learning and appropriate environment for the benefit of the s students.
- Collaborate with other academic staff to ensure that the academic needs of students are well identified and fully met.
- Adhere to all rules, regulations, and policies governing the institution.
- Perform other duties as will be required for this position.
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, please indicate your interest by submitting the necessary applications.