Are you a graduate with a degree in secretarial studies or secretarial management? Do you possess an exceptional clerical skill? Then this fantastic opportunity awaits you. There are numerous opportunities open to anyone who is willing to make a career from working in the higher education sector as a secretary.
As a secretary, you should have zero problems working in a bustling establishment and on a tight schedule. To function in this role perfectly, you will need a strong inter-personal and organizational skills and be able to demonstrate great initiative in all aspects of your job performance. You will also need to show an exceptional level of diligence, and be able to treat information confidentially. You should also be an ardent listener, pay great attention to details and possess an exceptional skill when it comes to customer service. A professional and proactive approach is also needed for this role.
Good communicational skill is relevant for this job; you should be proficient and fluent in basic English language. Reliability is the core role in this job position, whether you are working directly under a head of a department or you are generally working in any department in the school, you will be indispensable as your role will primarily be to ease their workload and make things easier to run.
Other than the general skills required for this job, there are also basic educational qualifications which will come in handy when you take up this role. Some of these requirements include:
This role is both interesting and varied, and your excellent secretarial and administrative skills will contribute greatly to the smooth and efficient running of any educational institution you choose to work with. There are basic responsibilities you will take upon, and some of these responsibilities include:
1. Being involved in the day-to-day administrative activities of the college.
2. Recording and circulating official actions, resolutions, and policies to faculties, administrations and other external bodies as appropriate.
3. Create and maintain good filing and other office systems.
4. Prepare correspondence and reports of meetings held in the college.
5. Provide expertise and leadership skills where necessary to ensure the effective administration and smooth running of the college.
6. Be able to establish and implement long-range organizational goals, strategic goals needed to realize the educational goal of the college.
7. Provide secretarial support to every staff in the college whether full time or part-time.
8. Support other colleagues performing administrative functions in the college.
9. Keep an accurate record of important policies and resolutions for the college management.
10. Oversee the planning and arrangements for important events in the college.
11. Be able to perform miscellaneous job- related duties as required and assigned.
These responsibilities vary over time and can be changed as you progress in this job.
Does this sound like an opportunity that you fit perfectly? Then make the most of it and apply today!
Full Time, Permanent 36 hours 52 weeks Gunnersbury Park We are seeking to appoint an experienced Library Assistant for our Gunnersbury Park Campus. The vacancy is term time only. T ...
Seeking to appoint a full-time PA to the Principal and Director of Human Resources to join our diverse and inclusive Catholic Sixth Form College.
Please send me jobs like theseGet job alert