St Brendan's Sixth Form College opened in 1979 on the site of the former direct grant grammar school and, after being almost entirely rebuilt in 2009, we offer a modern campus for a current student population of over 1900 full-time students and approximately 220 members of staff.
St Brendan's is a designated institution under the 1992 Further and Higher Education Act and continues to operate under the Trust Deed held by the Diocese. The majority of the Governors are appointed by the Trustee, the Bishop of Clifton. The College has a full-time leader of Theology and Catholic Ethos.
We are a Catholic College that:
The College has a well-qualified, experienced and highly committed staff who create a friendly, welcoming and disciplined environment in which students can succeed.