If you have the skills and experience that is required for this position and you are also willing to join the staff of a higher education institution that places the health, wellbeing, and safety of their employees first, then this opportunity could be the right career move for you.
You should have no problems qualifying for this position if you have the right skills and knowledge directed towards promoting a positive health and safety culture at the workplace. To be considered as an ideal candidate for this position, you will need to show evidence of an excellent written and communication skill necessary for explaining health and safety processes to both the students and staff of the institution. Patience and diplomacy are also very much required because this position needs a collaborative approach to work effectively with others.
This position should be a perfect fit if you are resilient, flexible, curious, a people person, passionate, and a critical thinker. You should have an in-depth knowledge of health and safety practices and also current developments in your field. Ability to manage and prioritise your workload and a clear commitment to professional development in this field should also be exhibited.
You must also hold some basic educational qualifications which must include:
Taking up this position will include carrying out diverse functions which will include ensuring that students and other working staff comply with safety policies and laws governing the institution. Your key responsibilities as a health and safety officer will include:
1. Carrying out risk assessment and identifying ways to reduce those risks.
2. Ensuring that working practices are safe and comply with legislation in the institution.
3. To monitor the working environment within the institution and report unsatisfactory conditions to relevant authorities.
4. To ensure that necessary accident and incident reports are made to the college safety office.
5. To advise members of staff and students on safe working procedures and practices.
6. Organise health and safety training and workshops for the benefit of both the students and staff of the institution.
7. To receive and act upon any representations concerning health and safety made by any member of the institution.
8. To maintain a liaison with the college safety office and the college occupational health service.
9. Ensure that the health and safety implications of new research or novel technology are fully considered.
10. Take reasonable care of all work activities and consult with supervisors or safety officers in any case of doubt.
11. Liaising with health and safety enforcement agencies.
12. Drafting safety policies that will apply to the college.
13. Perform other related task and duties that will be required of this position.
If you are willing and very much interested in this position, please submit the requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you can't find the school safety officer jobs you were looking for here, sign up to receive alerts as new jobs become available with the UK's leading colleges.
Sandwell College is looking to recruit a number of ambassadors to work at the Central Campus promoting positive behaviour and attitudes in our learners.
The Health, Safety and Compliance Manager will work across the college to ensure that the right support is in place to allow team leaders to carry out their activities safely.
Please send me jobs like theseGet job alert