If you choose to undertake a work placement in the higher education sector, preferably a collage as a languages tutor/lecturer, then this position might be right for you. This opportunity is open to candidates who are widely read, acquainted with the knowledge of many languages and has a passion for teaching the knowledge and understanding of languages to students.
This opportunity is a key position within an academic setting, and as such it requires competence, passion, patience, consistency and resilience in your field. To qualify and perform optimally in this position, you must possess a good organizational and workload management skill. You should be able to prioritize your duties even amidst conflicting situations. Strong oral and written communication skills are vital, and without them, you cannot carry out the demands of this position effectively. Excellent listening ability is also important when working with both students and other staff as you need to be able to build solid relationships and instill confidence.
You should also have a good command of the languages you are teaching and the skills you require to teach those languages effectively. There must be a positive evidence of good leadership abilities as this position primarily involves leading and directing your students to achieve an objective academic goal.
You must also possess a flexible approach towards teaching, have a keen desire for self-improvement as this will go a long way in instilling knowledge in the students. An exceptional time-management and organizational ability are also relevant; you should have a good ability to effectively prioritize and manage your workload even in the face of conflicting situations.
In addition to these desired requirements, there are also some basic educational qualifications which you must meet. Some of these qualifications will include:
These requirements are advised to be duly met as preference will be given to candidates who meet them.
You will perform some basic responsibilities which will include but will not be limited to the following:
1. Increase student achievement and proficiency in foreign languages.
2. Promote a culture of love for foreign languages and literature in the institution.
3. Planning, preparing, and delivering language lessons to students in the institution.
4. Meet desired academic benchmarks set by the institution.
5. Planning and organizing workshops and seminars in a bid to promote the knowledge of foreign languages among students and members of staff of the institution.
6. Create exciting and engaging learning experiences for the language students in the institution.
7. Consistently deliver high-quality language lessons to students in the institution.
8. Attending and contributing to training sessions in the institution.
9. Participating in marketing events for the languages department of the institution.
10. Collaborating effectively with other members of staff to promote the academic goals of the institution.
11. Adhere to the various rules, policies, and regulation governing the institution.
12. Perform other related tasks that will present themselves on the job.
If you have a passion for this position and you are interested in educating motivated and enthusiastic students, please kindly submit the necessary applications.
£21,926 - £34,449 Per Year
01 Feb 2021 23:59
We are looking for a fantastic Modern Foreign Languages teacher to teach A Level French and Spanish. This role is offered on a 0.8 basis, with an even split between French and Span ...
Tottenham, Haringey, London [Greater London]
£26.83 - £28.47 Per Hour
17 Feb 2021 23:59
About the role: The College is seeking to recruit well-qualified and experienced practitioners for possible immediate start and for future delivery on adult programmes in Modern Fo ...
Please send me jobs like theseGet job alert