Are you interested in guiding and advising young students into the right career path where they can develop good employability skills? Are you passionate about helping young students in the higher education sector pursue and actualise their career dreams? If yes, then make the most of this promising opportunity.
You’d be suited for this wholesome opportunity if you are genuinely interested in working close knit with young students and you have an extensive experience of working with young students to help them remove barriers and support their progression into employment, education, and training. An in-depth knowledge of Labour market information is also required for this position; you must also show a sound knowledge of the workings of the education sector.
To perform the demands of this position optimally, you must possess an excellent communication skill both in its written and verbal form. You must be able to communicate effectively with both members and staff of the institution and be able to build a good rapport and relationship with the students. The ability to work harmoniously with young students, inspire and motivate them to live up to their full potential will be looked out for.
An excellent organisational and time-management ability is also a win for this position. You should show a demonstrated evidence of ability to meet deadlines, prioritise your work and carry out the demands of this role effectively even in the face of competing priorities.
This position also demands that you demonstrate a clear ability to work cooperatively with other members of staff. You must possess an exceptional interpersonal skill and leadership ability. An independence of workability is also required, you should be able to meet with and perform the demands of this role effectively with little or no supervision.
To be considered as the ideal candidate for this position, you must possess some basic educational qualification which will include:
- A degree in any relevant field from a recognised institution.
- A basic understanding of English language.
- Must be proficient in basic IT skills including Microsoft office suite.
- A minimum of 2-3 years work experience in an educational institution will be an advantage.
These requirements are mandatory and are advised to be met as preference will be given to applicants who duly meet them.
You will perform many basic responsibilities which will include:
- Connect students, educators, and businesses through relevant work-based learning opportunities.
- Develop and implement strategies to promote and enhance career awareness and preparation.
- Build, expand and strengthen relationships with schools, employers, and economic development organisations.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and assist with career awareness and exploration activities for the benefit of students in the institution.
- Help in promoting and ensuring that the students in the institution have good access to quality work-based learning opportunities.
- Develop relationships with prominent job employers to promote involvement in work-based learning opportunity in the institution.
- Adhere to all rules, regulations, and policies governing the institution.
- Perform other related duties as will be required of this position.
If you consider yourself equal to the task and you are genuinely interested in taking up this opportunity kindly indicate your interest by submitting the required applications.
Please see below the latest Work Based Learning Jobs.