Looking for a good way to play a meaningful role in the lives of young ones while directing them on the right path? Then this position can be the stepping stone you need to achieve that dream. This position not only provides the most rewarding opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life it also provides an opportunity to make a great living out of it.
This position should be the right fit for you if you are an active listener, non-judgmental and you relish the opportunity of offering probable solutions to life issues. To perform this role effectively, you should maintain a good confidentiality level, exhibit great communication skills both written and verbal and have good empathy. You should also enjoy helping others, demonstrate great observational skills and a good time-management and organizational skills. Being flexible as a counsellor is also one of the most effective skills you should possess, the ability to quickly adapt and change the way you respond to each student’s need is of paramount importance.
You must also display an accepted level of multicultural competency and adopt a multicultural worldview while carrying out the functions of this role. Multicultural competency involves creating a wholesome relationship between yourself and any student you come across regardless of their race, ethnicity, political views, religious views or socio-economic background. This attribute is well required for an optimal performance in this role.
In addition to these desired attributes, you must also possess some basic educational qualifications which will serve as a prerequisite for your consideration into this position. These qualifications will include-
These requirements are mandatory and must be met in order to be duly considered for this position.
As a counsellor, you will play an active role in the mental and cognitive wellness of the students in the institution. Among your core responsibilities will include-
1. Providing personal counselling and psychotherapy to meet the individual needs of the students.
2. Assist students in all areas of personal/social development, career development and other related areas of academic achievement.
3. Acting as a consultant to faculty, staff, and students on counselling and related matters.
4. Help students realize, develop and fulfill their potential in order to maximally benefit from their college experience.
5. Supports and promotes both the mental wellness and emotional stability of individual students in the institution.
6. Maintain and update files of all counselling appointments to comply with the institution and governments regulation.
7. Help students process their school-related problems, plan goals and course of action in line with their needs.
8. Organize peer counselling programs and workshops for the benefit of the students in the institution.
9. Attend the institution staff meetings and training as will be required.
10. Work harmoniously with other staff of the institution in order to achieve the goals of the institution.
11. Adhere to regulations, policies, and rules governing the institution.
12. Perform other related tasks as will be required for this position.
If you are still very much interested in this position, then submit the necessary application for due consideration.
We also have a range of teaching and lecturing jobs in health and social care or counselling.
Can't find the education job in health, social care or counselling job you were looking for here? Register for a job alert as new roles in health, social care counselling are always being added and we wouldn't want you to miss out.
This is an opportunity to join a well-established Social Sciences Portfolio within the Faculty of HE as a member of the team for BA (Hons) Counselling
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and self-motivated individual to the role of Lecturer in Health & Social Care/ Early Years.
You will work with our Health & Care teams to ensure the co-ordination of the Health & Social Care Cadet programme, which is run in conjuction with Pennine Acute Trust. The success ...
The Care Professions Department at Milton Keynes College are looking for an innovative and inspirational Course Team Lea
The Manchester College and UCEN Manchester are now recruiting for several new and exciting Teaching & Support roles!
Please send me jobs like theseGet job alert