Seeking a viable opportunity to put your facility and operation expertise to good use? Are you an ultimate organiser interested in making sure that a workplace meets the needs of employees by managing all of the required services? Then make the most of this available opportunity.
To be considered as a right fit for this role, you will need to demonstrate an excellent organisational skill and ability to manage competing priorities effectively. You should also have a good eye for details and ability to spot potential issues even before they arise.
An in-depth understanding and a thorough knowledge of building codes, materials, and standards as used in the institution. You should also show evidence of an exceptional communication skill; this position requires an impressive relationship management skill both with the employers and staff of the institution and an ability to engage with a variety of audiences.
You should possess an innovative approach towards facilities and operation management and the ability to spot opportunities and creative solutions. You will find this position more rewarding if you have a great ability to work both as a team with other staff members and independently, you must be able to align resources to achieve desired system goals efficiently.
A show of commitment, hard work, consistency, proven leadership skills and resilience are the hallmarks of this position. You must show an ability to lead and interact across facilities and at various levels in the institution. A good procurement and negotiation skill is also highly required in addition to an ability to prioritise and manage your workload effectively at all times.
In addition to these desired attributes, you must meet with some basic educational qualifications which will include:
These qualifications must be met as they will be considered as a prerequisite for a successful application for this position.
The primary function of your role will be to provide effective management of facilities, maintenance, and safety across the institution's portfolio of properties. You will also provide many related services which will include:
1. Ensuring the safe, efficient and effective operation of institution-related services.
2. Develop and implement protocols for compliance of all areas of responsibility including, but not limited to infrastructure, life safety, code compliance and maintenance with all authorities in the institution.
3. Ensuring that facilities and buildings within the institution meet with health and safety requirements as well as relevant legislations.
4. Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruptions with core college activities.
5. Lead and implement initiatives related to system, facility, and institutions strategic initiatives, needs, and goals.
6. Ensures and documents regulatory compliance, work standards, codes and safety regulations.
7. Manages and oversees the daily work activities of the institution.
8. Acts as a role model, teaches and mentors staff in appropriate and efficient operations.
9. Adhere strictly to guiding policies and regulations of the institution.
10. Perform other related tasks as will be required of this position.
If this sounds like the career opportunity for you, then submit the required applications.
If none of the jobs below match what you are looking for view our Non-Teaching and Support jobs page for even more roles within colleges.
To be notified of the latest estates and facilities vacancies when they are available, sign up for job alerts via email. Alternatively, register your account and create a profile to upload and send your CV to future employers.
We are currently recruiting a Property and Environment Manager to cover our Surrey Campuses of Guildford College, Merrist Wood College and Farnham Sixth Form College.
Receptionist (Southend) We are looking for a Receptionist to work at our Southend Campus. The successful candidate will be part of an established team
We are seeking to appoint a Cleaner to assist with maintaining the high standard of cleaning during the day at the College, as well as undertaking replenishment of consumable...
We are looking for a Landscapes/Machinery Estates Worker to maintain & improve our landscaping in the grounds at our Merrist Wood campus.
We are looking for an Estates Worker to continuously maintain & improve a wide range of estates resources in the grounds at our Merrist Wood campus.
Job Title: Building Support Operative Job Reference: REQ xxxxxxx1 Contract type: Permanent Hours per week: 40 hours per week Term-time only: No T&Cs: Business Support Band: B Salar ...
We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual, to join our team of Estates Cross-College Technicians within the Faculty of Estates and Facilities.
As first and last point of contact, the Front of House is essential for driving business. Up selling retail and services is key together with understa
Please send me jobs like theseGet job alert
Waltham Forest College are now looking to appoint an accomplished, experienced and commercially driven Deputy Principal to help capitalise on their continued success.
Please send me jobs like theseGet job alert