Looking for an excellent opportunity to develop your catering, hospitality and food technology skills within an exciting, innovative and conducive environment? If yes, then look no further this might just be your perfect opportunity.
This position is fit for persons with a keen and genuine interest in cookery, food science, and hospitality management. To perform effectively in this position, you should demonstrate a good level of creativity and innovation. Also, you must possess an up to date knowledge of practices and commercial development in the hospitality and catering industry.
Since you will be working actively to foster learning amongst students, you must not only be passionate about the caterin and hospitality industry but you must also be passionate about training and tutoring students to become successful in their learning. Your patience, commitment, dedication and resilience towards teaching students should be unquestionable when you take up this role. You must also exhibit high standards of cleanliness and an ability to adhere to strict hygiene rules.
An excellent leadership skill is also desired in this position; you should be able to maintain a good balance between your relationship with students and other staff of the institution. Great communication and interpersonal skill will also be required; you should be able to communicate excellently with students and other staff of the institution courteously and with tact.
You will benefit from having a food-related degree or a hospitality degree for this position. The following qualifications must be met:
Responsibilities to be performed in this position may vary depending on the faculty or department you are assigned to work with and your area of specialism. However, your basic tasks will include:
1. Instructing, supervising and assessing students within your area of specialty.
2. Facilitating learning in the kitchen environment.
3. Managing the safety, legality, and quality of food and confectionaries produced in the institution.
4. Establishes and maintains a safe work environment for both learning and practical experience of the students.
5. Comply with budget requirements by controlling costs and making amendments where necessary.
6. Supporting students in their educational development within your field.
7. Collaborate effectively with other staff of the institution to meet with the academic goals of the institution.
8. Maintain all policies and regulations of the institution.
9. Attend all training and meetings applicable to the staffs of the college.
10. Perform other related duties as this position demands.
If you meet these requirements and consider yourself equal to the demands of this position, then hurry now and submit the necessary applications.
If you can't find the college catering jobs and hospitality education jobs you were looking for here, sign up to receive alerts as new positions become available with the UK's leading colleges.
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and one of the UK's largest FE establishments with around 1440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculu ...
Do you want to help transform life opportunities? Have you ever considered the unique challenge of Prison Education? Teaching in prisons is an incredibly rewarding challenge with ...
We are looking for a Hospitality and Catering Assessor to deliver and assess Hospitality and Catering qualifications. The purpose is to ensure the successful completion of SSW qual ...
We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for a Chef Manager to become a key member of our Bedford College Services department.
We have a great opportunity based at our Corby campus for a Learning Facilitator in Catering and Hospitality to become a key member of our Hospitality department.
Please send me jobs like theseGet job alert