Do you have the experience, knowledge, and skills needed to effectively lead the child protection and safeguarding service of an educational institution? If yes then this opportunity may be for you. This position is a perfect fit if you have a clear focus on the needs of children, and a strong commitment to ensuring they receive the support and protection they require.
The focus of this role is dealing with child welfare. As such to qualify as an ideal candidate for this position, you must have a genuine interest in working with children and their families. A child-centered approach towards work will also be considered; you must be friendly, highly motivated, flexible, and approachable at all times. You must also have an excellent ability to identify potential risks to children. An ability to think widely, analyze problems, proffer solutions, support and challenge traditional views and work practices in a credible, non-threatening way will be well sought after.
You should also exhibit a clear evidence of interpersonal skills; a lot of the responsibilities you will take on this role requires an exceptional level of team effort, so you must be able to build strong working relationships with your colleagues in the institution and the parents of the children in your care. You must have a demonstrable record of successful partnership with other staff in this field in other to achieve the aims of the institution.
Proven organizational and analytical abilities are expected. You should be able to combine your workload in demanding situations.
To qualify for this position, you must meet certain basic educational requirements. These requirements include:
It is advised that these requirements should be met as preference will be given to candidates who duly meet them.
You will perform a wide range of functions which will include:
1. Ensuring the safeguarding of children in the institution.
2. Responding to and identifying child protection needs in the institution.
3. Provide advice and guidance to staff and members of the institution in all matters relating to child safeguarding and protection services.
4. Educating members of the institution on their collective responsibility towards child protection.
5. Identifying potential risks to children and educate families as well as members of the public on effective ways to prevent them.
6. Lead the effective development and implementation of child protection and safeguarding policies for the benefit of the institution.
7. Collaborate with statutory agencies charged with the oversight of the safeguarding and protection of children.
8. Overseeing and ensuring that the child protection and safeguarding service provided in the institution comply with relevant government legislation.
9. Managing the improvement of child protection service in the institution.
10. Attend all training that will be required for this position.
11. Comply and adhere strictly to the university’s regulations and policies.
12. Perform other tasks that will be demanded by this position.
If you are interested in this position and you feel equal to the task that the job demands, please submit the required details.
Reporting to the Deputy Principal for Curriculum & Quality, the successful candidate will lead the strategic development and implementation of a highly effective Personal Developme ...
You will be supplying administrative support to the Safeguarding & Wellbeing teams within Student Services, contributing to the effective delivery of support for students.
Due to nursery expansion Dovedale Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic Nursery Key Person who has a passion to work with children aged 0- 11. You w
We have great opportunity based at our Tresham campuses for a Counselling Coordinator to become a key member of our Student Services department.
Please send me jobs like theseGet job alert